Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Have you ever watched a night blooming cactus bloom or photographed it? Describe the experience.?

My neighbour has just finished photographing the night blooming cactus (cereus) and he called me to watch the session and assist him. Two opened last night but I missed them.Another two opened tonight; and one may open while I am sleeping or wait to be photographed alone. There were nine buds.Two did not flower and I have lost track of two. The crepe myrtle is in bloom so he did some shots to include both.I can hardly wait.Is the cereus cactus everywhere or in specific locales?I would like to hear from as many people as possible.it bloomed for the first time on the third anniversary of my father's death; and just before my Mom died there were eight buds.One was picked and seven bloomed.Let's compare notes.

Have you ever watched a night blooming cactus bloom or photographed it? Describe the experience.?
Yes!!!!! I was about 12 years old and we were living in Mississippi and my Mother had one. She had waited for a long time for this Cactus to Bloom. I remember I stayed up with her and we had it on the Kitchen Table. We watched that Bloom from start to finish. Being young I was very tired, but, I stayed there, and it something I will never forget! Just Mom and me, very special. Did not take Pics, but, it in my mind forever. You ever get a chance, you really need to watch. It just a Blooming Flower, but, for some reason, it just seems more special how this do. ;-D


No comments:

Post a Comment